Sunday, January 23, 2011

You Tube can be Useful

In November, I was preparing for a conference presentation.  I wanted the people in the audience to make paper airplanes (believe me, this was important).  I am embarrassed to admit that I could not remember how to make a paper airplane.  So I went to You Tube, where there are thousands of videos about how to make all kinds of paper airplanes.

Tufts University is now accepting You Tube videos as part of a student's college application.

In this blog post, we see how young people use You Tube in meaningful ways: How many educators / parents / policymakers see the implications of this?

Chris Anderson, curator at TED, talks about video in this TEDTalk and in this Wired article.

What are your school district's policies?  Do you allow teachers and students to use You Tube and other social networking tools in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment